“One Is Never Over-Dressed or Underdressed with A Little Black Dress - Karl Lagerfeld”
Another year has come to a close. My 2017 was filled with extremes - from major challenges I had to overcome - to amazing gifts from the universe I didn't see coming. What a year and what lessons to take forward into 2018.
- Protect your Peace - nurture your life, relationships, surroundings in a way that they bring you calmness and make you more centered. Avoid chaotic situations and volatile energies.
- Pick your Battles - not everything is worth a fight, sometimes you just have to let things go. Select what is worth investing and directing your energy towards.
- Stepping Back isn't Giving Up - life gets overwhelming - period - especially when you have big dreams and grand envisions. You will feel like you're failing, but it's essential to detach yourself from the hustle, regroup, re-strategize and make your comeback.
- Take Time for You - Work on your inner being, clear negative thoughts, self-doubts, fears, insecurities. Make time for things that bring you joy and nurture growth.
- Compete with Yourself - do not compare your life to someone else's and judge yourself based on their highlights. Focus on your self-improvement and evolution. “Comparison is the death of joy.” – Mark Twain
- You are Enough - do not let anyone make you feel inadequate - ever! This does not mean you are perfect and flawless - it means you are special how you are, deserve to be treated with love and respect, and do not require someone else's validation.
- Trust the Universe - we can't foresee what will happen next, but the energy and manifestation you project will bounce back. Once you really let it, the universe will give you what you want.
- Collect more Memories and less Things - we all need (and want) things - but don't overcrowd your world with tangibles, because material satisfaction is fleeting. Life experiences create a story, a memory that can be relived over and over.
- Kindness doesn't mean Weakness - a giving heart, gets bigger returns. We live in a world that makes it easy to be cold and self-absorbed. Being caring and considerate builds true character.
- Create your Life - You have the power to steer your life, don't give away that control. Life does not owe you anything. Take charge of its direction and make it what you want.